Pewaukee SongFest invites music lovers of all ages to celebrate “The Sound of Music Community Sing” on Monday, April 13, at 7:30pm at Gethsemane! SongFest is truly a “Fellowship of Song” for the community, supporting intergenerational audience singing, educational voice classes, and opportunities for local singers to perform as soloists and ensembles. In recognition of the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music, artistic director Joseph Brachman will lead a pre-concert voice class from 7—7:30pm for children and adults, featuring “Do-Re-Mi”, “So Long, Farewell”, and “My Favorite Things”.
The main program at 7:30pm introduces highlights from the 2015-16 season, “Your Passport to a World of Artistic Song”, including classical, international folk, musical theater, sacred, and multicultural children’s songs. The program concludes with the audience singing timeless favorites from The Sound of Music.
Suggested donations for the combined voice class and concert program are $10 for adults and $5 for children, 18 and under. No donations are necessary for more than two children per family.
- Annual Church Picnic
- Fall Worship Schedule Begins
- XYZ Basilica of St. Josaphat Tour
- Bring Another Person Day and Hot Dog and Apple Pie Day
- Rally Sunday, September 10
- Special Music Sunday, July 16
- July Special Sunday- Junk Food Day
- Paul Webster, Missionary
- Musical Celebration of Worship
- Maker Fun Factory Vacation Bible School
- Women’s Book and Fellowship Club
- XYZ Stone Creek Coffee Tour and Lunch
- Summerfield UMC Meal Ministry
- Special Sunday – June
- Cycle Sunday