On Sunday, July 26th, Gethsemane UMC will host Cheryl Kirking to lead a musical celebration of worship. Drawing upon her background in worship ministry, education, psychology, and “life,” Cheryl’s passion is encouraging others to identify and use their God-given gifts with joy.
Cheryl is an author and songwriter who tickles the funny bones and tugs at the heartstrings of audiences nationwide, weaving original songs, stories and scripture. Her husband, Dave, is an integral part of their ministry together, as he helps run the sound system.
Cheryl is an award-winning author of seven books, including RIPPLES OF JOY, published by Random House. Her Christmas book, “What Can I Give Jesus?” won the silver Benjamin Franklin Literary Award and the Moonbeam Book Award. Cheryl’s short stories are included in fourteen books in the best-selling CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL series. She is a frequent radio guest and has recorded six CDs of original songs. Her books and CDs will be available afterwards, and Cheryl would be happy to sign them. The morning service will include a special time with children.
Mark your calendar and invite a friend! Plan on attending this special musical celebration of worship and be inspired!
- Annual Church Picnic
- Fall Worship Schedule Begins
- XYZ Basilica of St. Josaphat Tour
- Bring Another Person Day and Hot Dog and Apple Pie Day
- Rally Sunday, September 10
- Special Music Sunday, July 16
- July Special Sunday- Junk Food Day
- Paul Webster, Missionary
- Musical Celebration of Worship
- Maker Fun Factory Vacation Bible School
- Women’s Book and Fellowship Club
- XYZ Stone Creek Coffee Tour and Lunch
- Summerfield UMC Meal Ministry
- Special Sunday – June
- Cycle Sunday